4.10.2007

a day in the life of me.

Okay so I still have some pictures to put on the computer before I can post about them. You might ask me why I don't just download them now since I am sitting right at the computer. That is because the camera is downstairs and I am upstairs and I just can not summon the energy it would take to make the trip there and back. Read on and you just might understand why.

I will tell you about my day today starting with the tail end of yesterday.....

11pm: Ben wakes up wanting to eat after I just crawled in bed and snuggled up to my pillows, life can be so cruel. That might not sound too hard so let me paint you a picture. Ben is now up in his nursery since I became tired of sharing my room. So whenever he wakes up in the middle of the night I have to trek all the way upstairs and hope that I am awake enough not to tumble back down them. So I nurse the little guy and plop him back in his crib and say a silent prayer that he will let me get some sleep.

2:45am: I hear noises emitting from the monitor and reach over groggily to hit the button to see if he is really awake. (Yes I have one of those must have monitors that is video). Indeed he is awake so once again I make the journey up the stairs to his room. Same routine...nurse, burp, rock for a few minutes and plop him back in his crib.

6:45 am: More noises, then screaming. I beg Matt to go up there to bring him down to me. Matt does (such a sweetheart) and once I get Ben I pop him on and he eats like I didn't just feed him TWICE during the night. His diaper is about to bust so I change it, go back up stairs and try to rock him back to sleep. By 7:30 he is back in his crib. I go downstairs, make the bed and jump in the shower. It may be the only time I can shower by myself that day so I seize the opportunity. I emerge from the blessed hot water only to hear that both my boys are waking up. I scramble to get lotioned up and then I throw some clothes on. I get both boys and bring them downstairs. After two diaper changes I put Ben in the bouncy seat and put a little bit of makeup on and dry my hair. Then I get Ty and me breakfast and then feed Ben.

**Do the breakfast dishes, start laundry, change more diapers...

9:30am Ben goes down for a nap

10:15am Amanda and Pierce come over to play

10:30 Ben wakes up

11am: We all eat lunch

12pm: Ben goes down for another nap.

12:30pm: Ty goes down for a nap

1:30pm: Ben wakes up...more feeding, burping, diaper changing, clothes changing from a blow out diaper which only adds more laundry.

2:30pm: Ty wakes up

3pm: Amanda and Pierce leave
3pm: Ben goes down for a nap

3:30pm: Ben wakes up

4:30pm: Bath time for Tyler

5:30pm: Ben goes down for one last nap... then i start dinner

6pm: Ben wakes up

6:30pm: We all eat dinner

7:30pm: Start bedtime routine with Ben while Matt tackles Tyler

8:30pm: Ben is still NOT asleep. Matt just went and popped the pacifier back in his mouth. I am beyond exhausted. I still have to clean up dinner, fold some laundry, maybe sneak in a bubble bath and then collapse knowing that I get to do it all over again tomorrow.

***Just so you know...I love both my boys but this two kid thing is hard and I can't wait for the first year to be over so I can get some sleep. Sleep deprivation is a funny thing. Even when you think you can't possibly go on, you do because you have to. Diapers have to be changed, laundry has to be done and both boys need my attention and love. Here's to motherhood...you just can't put a pricetag on it!

No comments: