10.18.2007

down under.

First off I am going to declare myself insane for even considering it a good idea to fly across the world with two young boys. Really, I must have lost it. The flight from DFW to LA was not too bad. Ben slept part of the way and Ty did fairly well. Our layover was not terrible and Ty was a little angel. He was content to just play with his cars. The first half of the flight to Sydney was bearable. Both the boys fell asleep two hours into the flight and each slept 5 hours but that was it. The second half of the flights was a bit, to put it mildly, hellish. Tyler was okay, a few breakdowns, but you couldn't really blame the little guy. He had harldy slept in the past 36 hours. Ben screamed on and off for the last 6 hours and finally feel asleep the last little bit of the flight. Matt was heaven sent. He jumped right in and helped with both boys and helped me avoid my own personal breakdown. I must say I am so NOT looking forward to the flight home. I am actually quite terrified. I may just suggest living here to avoid it!

We arrived in Sydney early Thursday morning. Customs is usually a pain once you arrive in a different country. The wait in the line was about an hour. We hadn't received our stroller yet and were weighted down with ALL our carry-ons and both boys. Luckily some nice lady came to our rescue with a minute or so of arriving and we hoped straight to the front of the line. We chilled the rest of the day. Ben took a nap and Tyler had fun playing with family and friends. I had fun going to the mall with Amy. Get this, they have a grocery store in the mall! How crazy is that?

Last night Ben slept for four hours and then woke up screaming every 45 minutes after that. Ty slept peacfully through the whole thing in bed next to me, while I begged Matt to take Ben out into the living room. We are in a condo with two bedrooms.

Today Matt, I, the two boys and Papa John headed to Bondi beach. I tried to take some pictures of the boys but it was so incredibly bright outside I couldn't tell if they turned out decent or not. The beach is breathtakingly beautiful. It was gorgeous and sunny with a breeze blowing off the ocean. Tyler was in heaven. He loved treaking through the sand and running away from the waves crashing into the beach. Ben loved being outside and enjoyed dining on the gritty sand, lol.

Tonight is the wedding and reception and then tomorrow we are taking the boys to the zoo and to patti's market (a flea market). It is fun to walk around and buy little trinkets for family and friends back home.

I will end with this. Although the flight was horrible and it is work to take care of the boys over here, Matt and I are enjoying our family vacation and will have wonderful memories to take with us. I am glad I was naive enough to come along for the ride!

We miss you guys back in the states!

No comments: