4.08.2008

NRU conference.

Two years ago when Matt first met Dan Read and Rob Miles and told me about Nouveau Riche, I had no idea what a major role that it would play in our lives. Now Matt is the "A" Team Leader and is thriving in the NRU community. I just attended my first ever Regional Conference, which just happened to be the first time one took place in Dallas.

My wonderful in-laws and sister Amanda {thanks a ton}, took care of the boys while we attended the conference over the weekend. It was really my first true exposure to the whole business and it was definitely an eye opener. I don't think I fully understood ALL that Matt does.

I had the pleasure of meeting "The General" Bob Snyder {partner and co-founder of NRU} and Dave Blanchard {president and CEO of The Og Group} + his lovely wife.

It was fun attending the conference as a VIP guest. But even more enjoyable than that, was watching Matt present in front of the room. He probably spoke on the most boring subject {tools in the NRU business} but I will say, his presentation had to be one of the best. He definitely knows how entertain a crowd. Besides hearing him speak, he was presented with two awards and recognized as an outstanding leader. But the absolute BEST was to hear Jason tell the whole room the Matt is going places and Jim and Bob will know him.

I constantly had people coming up to me, telling me how much Matt has helped them in numerous ways. I, of course, already knew what a stellar guy he was. You see, I was the one that chased him and convinced him to marry me. It was just nice to hear it coming from others.

To wrap up all the fun, we rode in a jam packed limo to hit up the bowling alley and then catch a little midnight snack at the Cheesecake Factory.
I got to see Matt in a new light this past weekend. He is not only a fantastic husband and a rockin' dad but he is an amazing business man. His determination to succeed does not lie in how much money he can make but in how many people he can help to achieve financial freedom. I feel lucky to be the woman standing on his arm and blessed to be the mother of his children. Congrats Matt, I love you.

2 comments:

grammie said...

It is good to hear that Matt is doing so well. I have always had the upmost confidence in him and know that he will be successful in all that he does. He is a great speaker and I always enjoy listening to him talk about his work. It always makes me think and I go away feeling like I can do anything I want to do. We are proud of Matt and know that your support and love are part of the reason for his great success.

Chris said...

I had Brant read this post about his old buddy. He asked me why I haven't written anything like that about him. Thanks Molly ;)