3.22.2009

build up.

I am by no means stating that I am the cleanest person ever. But I do try to keep my house clean and have just embarked on my spring cleaning starting with the kitchen, which has turned out to be quite a bit of work.

I noticed today as I was examining my washer that there was build up/residue. I am not exaggerating when I say that it was moldy, disgusting, thick black nastiness that shocked me. I had no idea my washer was DIRTY! Matt did some research for me as I was frantically trying to wipe away the gunk and found out this is COMMON!

I took some advice and am running my washer on sanitary with dishwashing powder and bleach and will be purchasing a multitude of these tomorrow! I only wish I had been informed when I first purchased our front loader. I could have probably prevented years of horrific build up. And sorry, I didn't take a picture. It was that gross!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I pour vinegar in my washer once a month and run it to clean it out. That has seemed to work very well, and vinegar is sooooooo cheap.

Anonymous said...

Also, you should keep the door of your front loader open after using it to make sure it dries fully or it will mildew!