3.18.2009

i'm sorry.

i am sorry for losing my temper.
i am sorry for snapping at you.
i am sorry for raising my voice.
i am sorry for not having more patience.
i am sorry for being weak.
i am sorry for not being enough.

I love you Tyler and Benjamin.  Please forgive your mommy for being the imperfect being that she is.  You, my sweet little boys, are perfect just the way you are.

3 comments:

grammie said...

U were just feeling sick and I know u r sorry. U r a good mommy. We all have a hard day now and then.

brooke said...

unfortunately i think we all know how this goes...mostly once a month and my girls know this impostor of myself as {mean mommy}...i hate her...wish she would go away for good.

leigh said...

I once had a conversation with an older woman (80 or so) about this. She raised 5 or 6 kids and is a very wise woman. We talked about this girl we both knew who NEVER lost her temper with 2 little kids. I'm not even exaggerating. My older friend told me that she thought the very patient mom was doing her kids a disservice because they would probably grow up expecting themselves never to get mad or angry and become depressed about it. We're all human (unfortunately sometimes). I told my friend that my kids would be in great shape because I'm nothing like that super-patient never-mad-mom.

So I'm not advocating yelling at your kids all the time or anything, and I know how you feel when you're not doing it the way you'd like to (perfectly patient.) But I bet you're trying your best, and some days your best isn't as good as other days. Don't beat yourself up, I'm sure you're a great mama.