6.23.2009

change.

[photo courtesy of my lovely mother]
I've been in somewhat of a funk lately.
Don't ask me why.
Just have.
When my funks seem to linger, I desperately yearn for change. Maybe because change will help me emerge from this haze of funkishness? Who knows really. But I will be honest, the blazing hot weather in the oh so long Texas summers does not help one bit. This time of year I want to move the beautiful mountains of Colorado. I want prettiness. I want lovely weather. I want to glisten, not drip sweat until I feel like I may pass out. Now although I have never lived in the snow, which I am sure I would totally be a wimp, I still long for my mountains. Always have, always will.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I hear ya. I think a big part of your funk is the car issue:(

I love your new blog look:) LLLOOOVEEE IT!

Missy said...

I agree with Amanda, I love the simple look! After today I am wishing I was in the mountains, too. We love Colorado.

Amanda said...

Sorry about your funk - we will definitely get together next week! Cole said he was grateful for Tyler and Ben in his bedtime prayer last night!! And sorry about Landmark, Joe said there is another in Aug we are going to.

grammie said...

Funk is very common in the hot Texas summer. I have had an attack of the funks too! We need to think of some fun things we can do to get rid of the funkiness. Also, getting your car and going on a vacation will really help. I'm here if you need me.