8.29.2009

we decided.

The in-laws took the boys friday night and all day Saturday for our anniversary [which is on Monday]. The husband and I decided as our gift to each other, we would paint our horribly ugly oak kitchen cupboards.

After the boys happily drove off with the mother-in-law, Matt and I jumped on his motorcycle and went out for dinner and ice cream. There is just something about being able to wrap my arms around the husband as we are zipping down the rode. It's a bit sexy.

Once dinner was complete and ice cream was had, we picked up our supplies and hurried home to begin our first big home project. Progress is going nicely and we hope to have the top row of cupboards complete and put back together Tuesday night. They won't be perfect but they will be beautiful.

*thanks Melis for all the instructions!
*don't worry mom. i know the motorcycle is dangerous and I rarely ride it. I made a small exception for the anniversary.
*before and after pictures will be coming as soon as we are finished. i may just post a picture after the top row is completed.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I love Melis' cabinets and I can't wait to see yours. I love a good house project. Can't wait to see the before and afters. :)

Melis said...

Whoa! I didn't realize you were tackling your kitchen. I thought you were just doing your master bath! How fun!! Can't wait to see pics!