9.20.2009

all the fun, without the dad.

Most really exciting times happen when the husband is out of town.
For instance...
The stitches incident.

And now we can add another to the slowly growing list...

Today was Tyler's very first primary program. He had a speaking part and everything. And I must say, I was more excited than anyone. Only a parent can truly understand. Because really, if you're not, it's not quite THAT exciting. But back to the story....

Tyler practiced at home and he had his line down pat. He could NOT wait to go up the microphone to perform. I soon found out that was the only thing he was excited about.

So I get up extra early to get everyone ready and get to church early like we were asked. Everything is going smoothly until we sit down and I look over at Ben. He is a fountain of throw up. Really? Is this really happening? Fortunately I was loaded with all that was needed in a crisis like this. I had my little baggies, plenty of wipes and yes, an extra change of clothes. I proceeded to wipe him up and strip him down. I then snuggle Benny into his back up clothes, which is basically like pajamas except they are called babysparewear. After I handled all that, beautifully I might add, I try to scoot Tyler on up to the front before sacrament meeting begins. No such luck. He won't budge. I try everything from pleading to bribing. Nothing works. But I know he really wants to say his line. When it is his rows turn to go up, he walks bravely up to the front and proudly spouts of his line...

"I love learning about King Benjamin in family home evening."

He says it with such gusto and a huge smile on his face.
I beam with mommy pride.
He walks back to me and I wrap my arms around him.

That was so worth the throw up.

2 comments:

The And Fam said...

I was so proud of him and all the kids! They all did great but I did notice how brave he was getting up there. I couldn't help but look for you after he said his line and saw how proud you were.....as it should have been.
Thanks for letting us love him, too! Tyler always brings a smile to my face.

Suz said...

Way to handle it Molly! Great job Tyler!