11.17.2010

two and half weeks.



My sweet Nicholas Gray is two and a half weeks old.  It has felt like a lifetime and also no time at all.  He is by far my most mellow baby, albeit, gassy as my other two but he seems to handle it better.

a few facts...

- still waking every three to four hours at night [ugh]
- loves to sleep in his swing
- adores his big brothers
- takes a pacifier on occasion but promptly spits it out once he is asleep
- loves the car
- indifferent about tummy time
- loves to pee when you change his diaper

This transition to three has not been too scary.  Transitioning to two was much harder.  Tyler and Benny were only 19 months apart and that was crazy.  Now my boys are old enough to entertain themselves, help out and understand a little better when Nicholas takes up my time.  The only hard part about the whole baby thing has been the nursing.  If you know me, I am a big advocate for breastfeeding.  Tyler and Benny were both breast fed and I planned to do the same this third time around.  Unfortunately Nic has a super tiny mouth and chin which makes it extremely difficult.  He would scream, I would cry and then the overwhelming feeling of failure would set in.  After a lot of thought, a few thousand tears, I decided to bottle feed.  And you know what, it is going great and not so bad after all.  He gets breast milk and formula and seems to be happy with both.  See, mellow I tell ya.

I am quickly remembering my days are not really "my" days anymore.  Lot's of feeding, burping, diaper changing.  Basically my to do list stretches a mile long and only shrinks by inches each day but I am happy.  Tired, but happy.

ps I got the picture idea from this gal.  I thought it would be a fun way to document his growth :)

4 comments:

Amanda said...

okay SUPER WOMAN! Your awesome;)

Amanda said...

He is adorable. You are doing so great! Can't wait for this weekend. :)

k. said...

Ooh, your giraffe is precious. Baby, too. :)

Mandie said...

Sorry about the breastfeeding thing. I can totally relate. With Carter I tried so hard but he had such a difficult time that we would both end up in tears at every feeding. It was miserable. And then when I almost abscessed from severe mastitis, I decided enough was enough.