6.26.2011

dallas zoo in the summer.

Why we do anything outside (besides swim) in the hot Texas sun is baffling.  Right about now I start my chant of "I want to move.  It is way too hot.  Let's skip through summer straight until fall arrives."  Matthew is quite use to it.  As many years as I have lived here (pretty much my whole of 28 years), I still do not like the summer months.

But since I am such an awesome mom (pat on the back), I took my older boys to the Dallas zoo.  My little sister so graciously watched baby N.  I am completely sure Nicholas had a much better time snoozing in his air conditioned room, instead of melting in the confines of the stroller.  So - thanks Aunt Sassie!



We splashed in the river.  Well, when I say "we", I mean the boys splashed in the river.  We rode on a camel named clarance snowball and fed the most beautiful giraffes.  I have decided that giraffes are simply stunning.  Their pattern is gorgeous and they look so gentle.  We watched an entertaining bird show, where about half way through Benny proceeded to complain that he would rather go home.  He is a tough cookie to please.  Oh and we sweated.  A lot.

We all came home tired and ready for a refreshing shower.  Now I can check "good mom" off my to-do list this summer, bwahahaha!

No comments: