2.15.2012
he needs me.
It's nice to feel needed, yes? Life would be awfully boring and self-centered if we only every focused on ME! ME! ME! Although there are days where that would be particularly nice.
I know that my boys need me to wash their clothes and drive them to and fro. There has never been a question that I am needed in those ways. The sweet whisperings of their emotional needs is what pulls and tugs at my heart. Those bits I live for. To know that I can be their gravity. Their constant. I love that about motherhood.
And so when Tyler told me he "reeeeeally" wanted me and the younger boys to join him at his Valentine party, I jumped at it (even though it is boring for Nicholas). When Tyler stares me in the eyes (before hoping out of the car for school this morning) and asks if I could maybe come up for his lunch today, my heart said yes even though my to do list needed some tending.
I know, perhaps, they won't always turn to me to fill those emotional needs. But I will always be willing. I will always be ready.
hugs and kisses
molly
Labels:
motherhood
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
awe i love this (:
Post a Comment