3.25.2007

surviving 2 under 2.

"Things I have Learned"....

1. Throwing toys at mommy and Ben is one way to get mommy's attention, just not necessarily the right way.
2. "Blow Out" diapers suck and that newborn poop is toxic. It stains everything it touches!!
3. Cartoons are my best friend.
4. It's okay if Tyler eats four packages of fruit snacks for an afternoon snack. Hey...they have vitamin C and we brush his teeth every night!
5. Poop in the bath tub is even more disgusting than poop in a diaper.
6. It takes me about 20 minutes to mop the kitchen floor but it takes Ty less than one second to smash goldfish all over it.
7. Tyler is fascinated by my breast pump, especially when I am using it.
8. Showers before noon are a rare occurrence. If I want to feel clean in the morning, I better take one right before I go to bed.
9. It's okay if the house isn't perfect.
10. Life goes on even if both boys are screaming and mommy is crying.
11. I can do it and am doing it...but I can't wait until this first year is over.

As a side note, here is the scoop on poop. Don't read further if you do not want to hear about my "poopy" day.
First off, Ben is having runny mucousy stools and I was suppose to collect a "walnut" size sample to give to the doctor. Yeah, right. The child is having runny stools and those huggie diapers stand true to their name...it soaks right in, but anyways...one night I spent 10 minutes scraping poop for this sample only to have Matt spill it all over the kitchen floor, YUCK! And then to top off the whole evening Ty poops in the bath tub (first time occurrence). I thought I would die. Luckily I took Ben back to the doctors where he pooped on cue into a little plastic bag and mommy and daddy didn't have to scoop poop anymore.
Oh and the pedi weighed Ben with his clothes on and he weighed in at 15 lbs 13 oz. He is wearing 6-12 month clothes and it isn't even 3 months old yet. Pure craziness!

No comments: