1.21.2008

book club.


Benny and I started our own unique book club. He would proceed to swipe all the books out of the shelves and then zero in on a particular one. Today it happened to be The Book of Mormon. Already so spiritual, ha! We don't often play upstairs in either of the boys room. Almost all the toys are downstairs except for a handful. But whenever Ty is down napping, Benny and I escape up to his cozy nook and play, just the two of us. He had a short early nap so I wanted to try my luck at sneaking in another short one to help break up the day. Although I have my doubts, knowing all to well he will probably just play in his crib. Fortunately for me, he still gives me doses of his sweetness. Benny will lay his head on my shoulder as I rock him. Puffs of his little breath envelope my neck and in that small moment I know that life is good.



{be sure to click on the images to enlarge them. they look better that way}

3 comments:

grammie said...

What fun! Just spending special time with your little Benny. The pictures are so cute.

Anonymous said...

awww... i miss my lil baby Ben!!! those cheeks... i could just squeeze for days!!! SCRUMPTIOUS!!!


...Cassie

Lindsay said...

my favorite is where he looks like he's shouting for joy.. i hope i capture him in your mother's caricature. I've got drawers block/anxiety about it. :/