As a mommy I am allowed to brag, so if you don't want to hear me gush about my little guy Ty, just skip this post because here I go.
I have no idea whether this is average, normal, above-average or below. But I do know that I love to watch Ty learning and to me he will always be special. I wish I could take all the credit for him learning the letters in the alphabet but sadly I think most of it came from the cartoon on PBS called Super Why. But now that he is showing huge amounts of interest I have started doing little things and have been following his cue when he wants to show or tell me something. Tonight I busted out our flash cards I purchased at anthro a while ago. We went through each one and named the animal on the back and lined them up. Tyler loved being in charge. He would point to the uppercase letter and say "mommy B" and then point to the lower case letter and say "baby b". On and on it went until we got to Z. He only had a few struggles with 3 or 4 letters. I truthfully had no idea he knew them all. Three cheers for Tyler!
To Tyler:
I am so proud of you! You are growing and changing every day. Your vocabulary is expanding and a new surprise is always around every corner when I am with you. Tonight I wasn't so happy with daddy. We were all sitting on the bed, when you scooted over to me and said "mommy, talk to daddy. please". You melt my heart and cause me to remember why I chose to be a mom. I love you my little monkey, always and forever.
xo.mommy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
so sweet:)
Please do brag! Grandparents love to hear about their grandkids accomplishments. Of course, we know that Tyler is a little smartie. It is neat that he is having fun learning his letters. And those sweet tender moments do remind you how lucky you are to be a mother.
wow... that's one smart cookie you have there. Nice job Ty!! Also, i love the sweet story... outta the mouths of babes, right?
Post a Comment