4.27.2008

big boy bed.

Last night marked the night of a big transition. Tyler slept in his big boy bed! Now I know Tyler is almost 3 and most kids would already be out of the crib, but not my Ty Ty. Tyler loved his crib and slept so well in it. Although he knew how to climb out, he never did. At first when I brought up the subject of getting a big boy bed, he proceeded to tell me, "no mommy, i have bed". Needless to say, he wasn't all that excited about the idea of change.

Well, we made a trip to pottery barn kids, where I told him he could pick out any sheets he wanted. {side note: i still have not decided on his bedding, so I decided for now to just let him pick out sheets and then use a cotton blanket until I can make a decision.} Ty of course picked out the spider man sheets like his cousin Pierce. Then I picked out the navy cotton blanket to throw on top. $120 later and we had his bedding. Matt picked out a $99 mattress from IKEA and we were set. We took apart his crib and laid out his big boy bed, decked out with spider man, on the ground in the corner of his room. {also another thing I could not decided on...bunk beds....too many decisions.}



It turned out great. Ty slept like a champ and stayed in his room this morning, in his bed, until Matt went and got him. He looked so little curled up in his twin sized bed. I guess he really isn't my baby anymore, which he lets me know on a daily basis. I asked him the other day if he was my baby ty ty and he said, "no mommy, i not a baby anymore. i a big boy!" Where did the time go?

{don't worry, i took pictures of him jumping in his bed, i just need to upload them to the computer!}

5 comments:

grammie said...

Yea for TyTy! He is officially a "big boy". Can't believe he is almost 3.

Unknown said...

YEAH!!!!!

Melis said...

Those sheet are totally cute, Molly! Hooray for Ty Ty!

We had such a good time on Saturday!

Anonymous said...

I love his new bed! and he loves to play on it and jump on me on it! =)


and Benny enjoys the fun too!

I love my little boys! =)

-Cass

leigh said...

I love these sheets. I've been wanting to get them for the boys, but they ruin sheets quickly. So I usually just buy the solid ones from IKEA for $3-$6 (what a bargain, huh?) Anyway - I'm glad someone got some!