7.21.2008

where has my good sleeper gone.

Tyler has always been a stellar sleeper, until now. He winds up in bed with us and it has now become a nightly occurrence. When I ask him why, he tells me that he is scared. This wouldn't bother me that much except for the fact that he is loosing precious sleep and is becoming increasingly crankier during the day. He just isn't my happy go lucky Ty anymore. I need to get him to stay in his room but I just don't know how. Any suggestions???

6 comments:

leigh said...

my friend Kate had a similar problem with her little guy - here's her post and all the comments about it:

http://cuppsfam.blogspot.com/2008/04/designer-genes.html

maybe you'll get some good ideas from it!

Brit said...

I'm having the same exact problem! Every night around 2, he's in our room so Ry takes him back to bed but by 5 or 5:30 he's back and he's totally ready to start the day! What?! This all started when we got back from Florida and we were all in the same room together. The night and early wake up calls are driving me nuts! If you find anything out...let me know!

Brit said...

I'm having the same exact problem! Every night around 2, he's in our room so Ry takes him back to bed but by 5 or 5:30 he's back and he's totally ready to start the day! What?! This all started when we got back from Florida and we were all in the same room together. The night and early wake up calls are driving me nuts! If you find anything out...let me know!

dandee said...

My children have all gone through a stage of this at some point or another. The best solution I've found is to keep some big, fluffy bankets handy and when the little ones stumble in our room in the middle of the night, we offer them a spot on the floor. They may take you up on it for a few nights, but eventually, they will get sick of being on the floor and opt to stay in their own bed. This way, I'm not losing sleep being kicked in the back all night by toddler legs, and if they really are scared like they say, they feel safer knowing mom and dad are right there. Hope you find something that works. :)

Mandie said...

I was going to blog about this very thing today. For the past month Carter hasn't been sleeping well either and I am going insane.

Good luck with Ty! That sleeping on the floor thing sounds like a good idea.

Burns Family said...

Molly, That is what my parents did if we were scared, and they had hard wood floors.