7.22.2008

the solution, for now.

Well, last night Ty came downstairs yet again. He says he is scared of the shadows and bad guys and ghost bunny. Matt tried to talk to him and then leave Ty up in his room but he just cried. He ended up back down in our bedroom but on the floor this time. He feel asleep much more quickly. I think for now that is our solution. I just hope this phase doesn't last too long.

5 comments:

shahna said...

Sounds like a good one to me! We just had a policy that our kids could not get in our bed until the morning. They all still love to come jump in with us first thing when they wake up. If you communicate that the floor is the only option for the middle of the night then eventually, in my experience, they decide it is not worth it. It will all waor itself out. I promise. Your doing a great job, Mol. Parenting isn't a science. It is more like a crap shoot. Sometimes you just have to figure stuff out as you go along and what works for one may not be the right solution for you.

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

i have a friend who keeps a sleeping bag at the bottom of their bed on the floor so when kids come in their room, they can help themselves to the bag, go to sleep and not bother anyone else.

Burns Family said...

Just an idea, maybe Matt can "spray" the room for monsters and bad guys, and help him set up his bed with stuffed animals that are "protecting him". Also with Austin we got him a Sansa Shaker MP3 player and loaded it with church songs. It has a built in speaker and he loves sleeping with it. I got my off of buy.com for $20.00, I think they are going for $15.00 now. Just some ideas

Missy said...

Hey I'm Mandie's sister Missy. My friend did the "spraying" for bad things and it worked for her 4-year old. And if he can relate easily to the words in songs, there's a great song by Imagination Movers called "I Want My Mommy (Time for Bed)" and maybe that will help. It's such a cute song. Good luck!

Lindsay said...

i like the name Ghost Bunny. It inspires me to write a story. Maybe i'll post it and Ty can read it and feel better about him. Actually... he came over to my house the other day, the ghost bunny, and we had cookies and milk and a jolly old laugh. he's quite a character.