9.05.2008

morning fun.

So the boys and I met some friends up at the mall play place. I figured it would be a good place for them to run around and get some much needed energy out of their systems. Not surprisingly Ben screamed on and off half the time and then accidentally choked on water and completely sprayed him and me. It was quite funny. You just had to laugh, otherwise Ben would drive you crazy. After the play place we grabbed a bit to eat and then hit up the bookstore, my long lost love. I have lots of fun memories of date nights at the bookstore but that's another story...back to the one at present. I decided to get a new Halloween book or two to add to our ever growing pile. One can never have too many books. Ty also decided to sneak in a Star Wars : The Clone Wars sticker book. We have actually had quite fun placing the stickers in the appropriate spots. Back on track...so whilst browsing through the books I let Ben and Ty each look at a spooky board book to keep the whining at bay. That only lasted so long so then I gave Ben my cup with melted diet coke water in it. That worked too until he spilled it all over him. I quickly stripped him down to just his shorts and wiped his little chest off. Finally we made our way to the register and purchased our books. We then headed to the car to drive straight home for my favorite time of the day, naptime. Well it was only when I was loading up the stroller that I realized a board book fell below. Yikes, I walked out of the store with a book I did not pay for. What to do? I really didn't want to load the kids back in the stroller and trek up to the bookstore. Luckily there was a mom just about to head that direction. She was so kind to return the book for me. Bless her! A fun day all around but then again if my day includes browsing some books, it's all good.

1 comment:

grammie said...

Too funny! It brings back fond memories. I love Benny even if he does whine. He is too yummy and cute.