About two weeks ago I took the boys to Sonic for dinner. We were having a horribly long day and all deserved a little pick me up. Whenever we get fast food we park, turn a movie on and eat in the car. Tyler, for some reason, really enjoys this little habit we have picked up. So I order the food and my card is declined. No big deal if I carry another card on me but alas, I only have my lone debit card. So I call the bank and they proceed to tell me that I have suspicious activity. Finally after 20 minutes on the phone and a trip to the bank we make it back to Sonic. The kids were happy to get dinner but I was less than thrilled to find out my card number was stolen and there were three pending charges that were not made by me!
So I close down that card number and the kind people at Chase put a new one in the mail for me. Unfortunately now I am without a card so the next day the boys and I visit the local Chase and get a new "temporary" card. I asked and asked again to make sure that the "temporary" card is the same as the "real" one. The guy tells me yes, so our next stop is Target. After gathering our groceries and going up to check out, I learn that my card was declined. I spend 15 LONG minutes on my phone, in a Target with HORRIBLE cell coverage, with a SCREAMING Benny and a hyper Tyler. Conclusion, the "temp" card can only be used at an ATM. So glad we finally figured that out. Target suspends my transaction, and we head back to the bank to get some cash. After we get in the car, I call Matt and completely break down. At this point I feel spent and just want to go home. Oh what a good cry can do! Now after our second trip to Chase, a quick lunch for the boys, we grab our groceries at Target and start to head home when I realize we have ZERO gas. Ahhh! We make a super quick trip across the street to the gas station. Then it dawns on me that I have to pay with cash, therefore I have to unload the kids to go inside to pay. Finally we head home exhausted and so incredibly happy that it is nap time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Ugh, talk about a major headache! That is no fun! Hopefully you get your new card very soon!
that story makes me feel hot and frustrated. i wouldn't have handled it very well..
That would make me scream cry or a few other adjectives I can come up with. Im sorry! That sounds awful!
I think you need to reward yourself when that new card arrives!
WOW, talk about being annoyed an frustrated. I am so sorry you had to go through that. UGHHHHH. Yes, hopefull you new card will show up soon
ps. I am glad they caught the suspicious activity though.
Post a Comment