5.13.2009

i'm proud to be an american.

Now that the days are long and getting hot, I start anticipating one of my favorite holidays. Okay, I really enjoy every holiday. I like getting together with friends and family and celebrating. But I especially love the Fourth of July.
I love the fireworks.
I love the patriotic songs.
I love the grilling in the backyard.
And I love my dad's flag cake.
We all congregate over at our modest cape cod[ish] house.
We grill hamburgers and hotdogs.
And we spend way too much money on fireworks.
I am really looking forward to this year.
[pictures are of each of the boys first fourth of July.]

2 comments:

grammie said...

Your grandfather (my Dad) was very patriotic and he loved July 4th. We always had all the neighbors over and even had a parade with all the neighborhood kids. He loved fireworks and always bought a ton. You obviously have the Fourth of July "gene". I love it too!

Amanda said...

OH MY WORD! Those pictures bring back sweet, sweet memories to me and I am not even their mom! I love the 4th b/c there are no colds and sicknesses (usually). And B/c there is NO PRESSURE like many other holiday's for gifts, baskets...etc....just good food and company! And let's be honest I love red, white and blue:)