5.11.2009

mommy.


I remember when Matt and I first decided to start "trying".
I could barely contain my bubbling excitement.
And then lo and behold, two months later I held "the" stick in my hand.
Two pink lines and a huge smile on my face.
The months slowly ticked by.
Every milestone, every marker was a very. big. deal.
No doubt I was a bit disappointed when my due date came and went.
But four days later Tyler was cuddled in my arms, where he always belonged.
And at that moment my heart changed.

I remember when Benny began as a little speck in my womb.
Maybe a tad earlier than expected but I was still excited.
So excited.
The months flew by much faster, for I had a toddling toddler to chase after.
The milestones went un-noticed but not the growing babe inside.
I enjoyed being pregnant.
And smiled as the first movements were felt.
Again my due date came and went but fortunately just two days later my crazy haired Benny made his appearance.
Again my heart changed.
It grew.
It expanded.

Being a mother was the one job I knew I always wanted.
And still want.
The whining and the fighting wear my patience thin.
But the smiles.
Oh the laughter.
The "i love you's".
The monster size hugs.
Those never get old.
I can never get enough.

Tyler and Benjamin.
I am your mommy.
I choose you each and every day.
My life will never be the same.
Thank you for choosing me.
I love you so much.

8 comments:

grammie said...

Mother-the hardest and most wonderful job you will ever have. If you are really lucky, someday you will get to be a "grandmother".

Amanda said...

you said it so perfectly.

Rachel Mohat said...

Awww you are so cute Molly. That is so sweet!

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

what the crap dude? i thought u were gonna say u were preg again. why do i keep feeling like this is coming from you? why do u say it would be impossible? do u have a hard time?

molly said...

No I do not have a hard time getting pregnant, I just do not want to get pregnant this year. I guess I shouldn't say "impossible" but we are being very careful so it doesn't happen until we are ready. But we definitely want a #3.

Anonymous said...

how many are you guys planning on having? I am soooo ready for # 3 but David says no!!! he wants to wait until next year too. what a butthead. anyway, sweet post!

molly said...

we want 3 for sure, maybe four. but no more than four :)

Anonymous said...

your so cute Molly! ;)