8.11.2009

premature.


I know I am premature in our "fall" activities today.
But I just couldn't help it.
It was nice and over cast this morning with a fantastic breeze.
So...

I pulled out our fall/halloween books and placed them in our book basket.
We read Tyler's favorite, The Runaway Pumpkin. Pumpkin bread is mentioned in the midst of the story and Tyler excitedly asked if we could make pumpkin bread. Lucky for us I had a can of pumpkin just waiting to be used. The boys took turns dumping the ingredients in the green kitchen aide and then patiently waited the forty minutes for the bread to bake. They hunkered down and watched Max and Ruby halloween shows and then promptly inhaled TWO piece each of the deliciously delectable pumpkin goodness. They are now devouring their third piece. I'm pretending it's fall today. I just won't step outside, that would for sure ruin my fantasy.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

love this post:) U know we love runaway pumpkin too:) and I wish I had a can of pumpkin to use or time to use it!!! I can't wait for fall weather and pumpkin time:)