I am sure we have all said it before.
Life can be a roller coaster.
thrilling
scary
bumpy
rough
exciting
smooth
As I sit at my kitchen table, updating my iPhone, hearing screaming boys upstairs, I reflect on my life... More specifically, my life in the last eight years.
August 31st will be "our", mine and the husbands, seven year anniversary [i have known him for eight]. Seven beautiful, hard, loving, thrilling, sometimes a bit exhausting, years. Never before have I felt such a spectrum of emotions than I have in my eight years of marriage and four years of motherhood. It has been down right hard at times but the beauty that lies beneath the storm is breath taking.
While away on holiday in Utah, the family and I had the opportunity to attend a temple open house. Never before have my boys had the chance to walk through a temple and I knew we couldn't pass it up. Although I had no doubt that our tiredness was heavy and hunger was to soon rear its ugly head, we pressed forward. I would be lying if I said they were angels. There was a bit of crying and whining but lots of hand holding and walking softly. Tyler loves to point out Moroni on the top of each temple he sees and now he has a glimpse into why mommy and daddy were married there [well not there but in the dallas temple].
My boys are growing up and are no longer babies. Tyler was originally set to start preschool this fall. Because of circumstances beyond our control, preschool was canceled. The husband and I talked and debated and prayed and finally came to the conclusion that we will hold Tyler back a year [summer birthday] and preschool can resume the next fall [2010]. Ty drives me crazy and bonkers at times but I feel absolutely certain that home is where he should be, at least for another year. No where else can he receive all that I can give him. Plus, Ty and Benny are best buddies and am absolutely certain Benny will miss his brother when he goes.
Summer is slowly coming to an end, although the heat will most definitely linger well into the fall. I feel a sense of renewal and energy. Fall is my favorite and my best season. I enjoy the holidays trailing one after the other. I get excited when pumpkins start popping up and I know that Halloween is right around the corner.
Life is crazy.
Life is busy.
But life is good.
**okay, a minor typo that i just fixed. We are celebrating our 7 year anniversary. I meant to say the last eight years since that is how long I have known Matt. Man, my brain is completely not working.

5 comments:
Wow! eight years! Lot's of things have happened during those years. Two of my favorite things are Tyler and Ben! I am glad that August is soon to be half over already. This summer has flown by for me and I too am anticipating fall. Bring on the pumpkins!
you probably won't have any idea who i am, our husbands know each other from the L-ville stake. but i stumbled upon your blog today from some blog-browsing, and i'm glad i did! we were also in very much debate about putting our son in preschool this year, and i'm so glad i'm not the only one who decided it was best to keep him home this semester! it was kind of a 'confirmation' that we ARE doing the right thing!
sounds like a great vacation! and i love your Favorite Things blog! so many cute inspirations!!
EIGHT YEARS??? Please tell me u are kidding about that? There is just no way. It hasn't been that long? The numbers just don't add up. Im not that old and neither are you!
eight years? are you sure? Ry and I have only been married 6 and we got married 8 months after you guys.
fixed the typo.
i typed eight but i saw seven.
brain is not functioning on all levels.
ha!
Post a Comment