9.14.2009

closet purge.

When my life gets a bit crazy and stress in running high, I like to turn to things that I can control. It seems to bring a pit of peace, which is surely what I need. I have been busy organizing nooks and crannies here and there. The other day I did a closet purge [my side only]. I will have to tackle the husbands side another day.

Here is what I figured out.
I like simple.
I like whites/gray/dark gray/navy [boring I know].
I do NOT like to layer [as in I should stop purchasing clothes with too low a neckline].
I LOVE ruffles.
I la la love cardigans + sweaters.
I absolutely adore jeans.

I purged quite a bit. Most items were under a year old. Everything was in good shape, lovely but there was just one thing....
I never wore them because I didn't feel comfortable.

I pledge from this day forward to only buy pieces that I love and make me look fabulous. Now I just need to plant a money tree to foot the bill.

2 comments:

grammie said...

I have closets if you need more to do. LOL! I just got rid of a bunch of clothes that I don't wear and I still have more to go. I clean when I am stressed too. It gives you that sense of control and you end up with a really clean house.

Juli said...

Yay! I found you and your blog is darling! What are you doing with your purged items?!