11.02.2009

croup + ear infection.

Croup is back for its usual fall/winter visit. I have a feeling it may try to visit again before spring. Benny decided to bunker up with croup and started his round of steroids last night. We had to take a visit to acute kids urgent care {because my kids like to get sick during off hours}.

I have to say I usually la la love the acute kids doctors. Super nice, pleasant and extremely kid friendly. Unfortunately I had the non-pleasure of meeting Dr. Horrible Bed Side Manner. She walked into the room already trying to check off the list on her clipboard. She never did acknowledge Ben or me for that matter. Ben tried desperately to get her attention and failed. I barely had a chance to inch my way into the one sided conversation and left completely unsatisfied. Ugh!

Lucky for Acute Kids, it had a chance to redeem itself.
Unlucky for us.

I made a second trip tonight.
For Tyler.
His ear hurt mighty bad and I knew it was most definitely an ear infection. My suspicions were confirmed by a super friendly doctor. We shall call her Dr. Much Better {as in, much better than the night before}. He came in and immediately struck up conversation with Tyler and treated him like his own grandchild. He listened to me and even let me look in Tyler's ears to see the difference. I left feeling much, much better.

Two co-pays : $25 [each]
Steriods : $65
Anti-biotic : $82.00
Ear drops : $11.00
Well children : priceless.

1 comment:

grammie said...

Get well soon, little guys! You and Cassie always used to get sick together.