You know the saying, there is a silver lining to every cloud.
I believe it's true.
Sometimes the silver is bright but other times you have to search and seek it out.
Today I realized my silver lining.
We have been a one car family since April.
I hated the first day, the day after that and the day after that.
Having only one car was totally and completely NOT fun.
But lately I've realized...
Although I stay busy, I've slowed down.
I don't have to be everywhere, do everything, see everyone.
I don't have to attend every play date.
I don't have to do anything but be in the moment.
We go to the park more and the mall less.
We eat home cooked meals more and eat out less.
We have "mommy school".
We cuddle more.
We play in our backyard.
I tackle more home projects and my house says thank you.
I've fallen in love with being a mom.
It's hard.
It's demanding.
And it's fabulous.
Have you found your silver lining?

1 comment:
i love this. it's SO true. :)
Post a Comment