Tyler has now been attending preschool for a full week and L.O.V.E.S it. And to celebrate his "growing-upness" and entering "school", we had a back to school feast. It was complete with, lovely table decor, yummy dinner [chosen by Tyler], a theme & scripture for the year and even presents [new books for each boy].
table decor :
i choose to stick to a red theme, honoring the classic "red" apple.
dinner :
chicken rolls
corn
fresh strawberries
root beer/cream soda
ice cream sundaes
theme & scripture :
listen and obey
D&C 93:28
books :
tyler received Children's Miscellany
benny received The Maggie B
We talked about what school might be like, our theme and read the scripture that was chosen [which now hangs on our refrigerator]. We read The Kissing Hand, which made me get a bit teary-eyed. My baby Ty Ty was growing up, much to my dislike. If I could, I would freeze time for just a little bit. We discussed how important it is to listen and obey and to make good choices. Tyler and Benny each received a father's blessing and then got to open up their presents. I've decided to give each child a book at the start of a new school year. One can never have too many books, no?
Unfortunately I can not claim the feast idea as my own. Most of you may know, I snatched the idea from NieNie and plan on welcoming each school year as a celebration fit for a king!


4 comments:
What a great tradition to start!
hooray for traditions!
What a lovely family get together.
The back to school feast is such a great tradition. I wish I would have started it back when my kids were little. Your children will look forward to this for years to come.
Love it! What a great way to get the kids excited for school. I will have to steal the idea myself in a few years.
Post a Comment