7.21.2011

summer, where have you gone?


Not that I am complaining (because I loathe the heat) but where did summer go?  Can it really be that August is looming around the corner and that school will be upon us at the end of August?  I'll admit, I am not quite ready to relinquish my grip on my Tyler.  Life is changing in many ways and that's hard sometimes.

I know I do not post enough and am desperately trying to make that a goal.  But I am tired.  I go to bed tired and wake up tired.  I keep hoping each night that this will be the night that Nicholas sleeps through the night, but alas, that has not happened.  And I am a softie - I just can not let him cry.  He is absolutely delightful in every other way.  He seems genuinely hungry (finishes the whole bottle) and goes right back to sleep.  So I will just muddle along for a few more month.  Because I will absolutely not continue these shenanigans once he turns a year old.  Goodbye bottle!

About this time (because of the blasted melting temperatures) I start losing motivation and I dream about the fall.  That time of the year puts me in such good spirits.  Just picturing pumpkins makes me happy.  Silly, I know but it is my favorite season.  And my sweet little N was born on one of my favorite holidays.

Now I only wish cooler weather would come sooner.  I keep telling Matthew I live in the wrong state.

1 comment:

molly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.