7.10.2012

a trellis and two bunnies.


Matthew finally found a moment in his hectic schedule to build me the trellis I so desperately needed for the pumpkins.  You see, the pumpkins were on the verge of growing crazily out of control and now—now they are climbing their way up the trellis netting.  It is a bit dreamy for me.  Silly really, but I have a love of pumpkins that runs deep.  Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and fall, well, it's my favorite season.  During the heat of the summer I sometimes day dream about autumn.

I now have the pleasure of growing my very own pumpkins and am very excited about the whole thing.  Yester-night (as Tyler would call it), as I was tending the garden, I spied two baby bunnies burrowed into the side of one our pumpkin mounds.  Curled up and asleep, the scene was so tender and sweet.  Unfortunately they couldn't take up home there, I was afraid they would upset the root system if they burrowed much more.  We decided to build them a small mulch bed right next to the garden, in hopes that their mama would find them.  The boys were thrilled with the discovery and Nicholas was excited to run naked in the backyard.  I had interrupted the beginnings of bath time when I found the bunnies and so Nic had the chance to frolic around the back yard nakie.  He thoroughly enjoyed communing with nature.

No comments: