7.01.2012
summer fun with the cousins.
My boys don't know how lucky they are to live so close to family. They easily enjoy time with their cousins and both sets of grandparents. As much as I loathe Texas in the summer, I am immensely grateful for family.
Amanda and I filled the summer months up with fun excursions and pool dates to occupy the laziness that undoubtedly sets in. My older boys idolize their oldest cousin Pierce. To them, he could do no wrong. He is the king of cool.
Amanda called me up last minute on Saturday to persuade me to meet her at a splash park. Both of our husbands were working and our morning was quickly going down hill into the land of grumpiness. Unfortunately the park only furthered my grumpiness but children are oblivious to that, you know, the emotional state of their parents. Hah! The only mission Nicholas had was to stomp mud all over me and gleefully run away through the twists and turns of the jungle gym. The boys soaked themselves in the sprays of water and I sighed relief when it was time to go home. Motherhood does not always make my heart sing but the love I have for each of my boys is constant and deep and strong. That is one thing that will never change.
hugs and kisses
molly
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment