6.28.2012

this kid.


The end of school came swiftly and the moment we walked out the doors was bittersweet.  We won't be back there this fall.  The anxious feeling as a new school year approaches probably will not be present.  It is strange how quickly the days and months come and go.  Just as a new year is ushered in, we are quickly saying a farewell.

Tyler did a magnificent job in kinder.  At the last awards assembly he was weighted down with medals and trophies and my heart swelled with parental pride.  His goodness has nothing to do with me, (well I suppose I do have a hand in it) but so much of the goodness is who is he.  He is quick to laughter and always so inquisitive.  He adores his baby brother Nicholas and more often than not, can be found taking charge of Benny, which almost always leads to fighting.  It's a cycle with those two.  One minute they love and the next, well, it's knock-down, drag-out time.

My mind struggles to capture it all.

Tonight I sent Tyler upstairs to brush his teeth and begin the bedtime routine.  He was pushing the limits and his attitude was most unwelcome.  We met half way on the stairs where his eyes locked with mine.  He was tired.  He looked at me and told me that sometimes he just felt like crying.  Oh, I do too.  A good cry is healing.  I knew he needed a reassuring hug.  Those moments are my favorite.  They help the hard days to be forgotten.

Now that summer is saying goodbye to June, the preparations for operation homeschool are swinging into gear.  Yesterday was spent driving here and driving there.  Matthew will have a big part in helping me whip the learning studio into shape.  He builds.  I organize.  It's what I do best.

No comments: