5.24.2012

the long and short of it.

image taken by Auburn Soul

Motherhood is completely exhausting and awesomely rewarding.  It is difficult to explain the swell in my heart as I kiss the perfect, soft cheeks of my three boys.  Blissful content.

And then in the morning, they will arise, and with it will come the wrestling, bickering, needing, crying, dancing, giggles of energetic little beings.

I still have doubts as I continue down the road leading to schooling my boys at home.  Whether I choose to do that or send them off to public school, these are heavy decisions.  Do I have enough?  Do I have what it takes?  Yes.  Yes, I believe so.  But the uncertainty is hard.  I like neat.  tidy.  planned.  And life does not quite live up to that.  It is sometimes messy.  hard.  spontaneous. 

The first step in "operation transform the learning studio", was to organize the Legos into a nice play station under the stairs.  I needed a corner, tucked away from toddler hands, but still easily accessible to the older boys.  When we first moved into this house, they were delighted at the idea of sleeping under the stairs like Harry Potter.  The second best thing, a play area.

In June I plan on visiting a homeschool co-op close by and crossing my fingers it will be a good fit for what I am looking for.  I will also be looking into our local YMCA and possibly letting the boys choose a sport to participate in this fall. 

Baby steps.  It is all really just a bunch of steps towards one direction.  As long as I know where I am going, I'll get there. 

As I type this, I see the moon through my window.  It is there.  A promise of another day.  Realizing all too quickly this time will pass by.  My babies will be grown and it will be their turn to make decisions.  Their turn for their hearts to swell.  Family.  It's a beautiful thing.  I'm lucky to experience it.

p.s.  I have started "pinning" ideas for homeschool subjects and themes.  I quickly borrowed this idea from Summer, the brilliant lady behind Fawn & Forest.  She's been my go-to lady!

No comments: