12.27.2012

and to all a good night.


Christmas was here and then it was gone and now 2013 is quickly approaching and I can not keep up with blogging.  I want to but I suppose I just haven't made it a priority.  And then there is this perfectionist side, that wants the post to be, well, perfect.  And now I am obviously sidetracking from the whole point of this post.  CHRISTMAS!

Christmas Eve is always spent celebrating with my family.  We all joined together at our home and ate, talked, laughed and ripped open gifts.  The weather was bright and sunny and chilly too!  Katariina spent Christmas Eve with us this year and it was quite fun to have a Colorado cousin close by.  Plus my boys have grown to love her and enjoy when she visits.

After the last guest left and the house was somewhat put back together, we loaded up our mini and hit the road to spend the next two nights at G'ma and G'pa's house.  Teana and Aaron begged and pleaded for us to stay the night and I conceded.  I'll admit, I wasn't too keen on the idea at first, but the boys had a jolly time with their aunt and uncle and cousin Zeke.

Santa found his way and left everyone goodies and toys, which brought smiles and squeals and jumps galore.  Christmas dinner, was perhaps, the best I have ever tasted.  John perfected the lobster and I was in a food coma shortly after partaking.

Because of the snow and ice, we decided to hunker down another night and hit up a movie the following afternoon.  The Rise of the Guardians did not disappoint and Nicholas sat through the entire movie.  He watched every minute of it and really seemed to enjoy it.

We finally found ourselves back at home later that evening.  Tired but full of happiness.

We hope each of you had a very Merry Christmas and enjoyed each moment it brought.

No comments: