1.09.2013

here we go.


I still can not wrap my mind around the fact that it is a new year.  2013.  As cliche as it sounds, I don't know where the time went.  Benny is now my big six year old, Tyler will be turning eight in June and getting baptized and this fall my baby will be three.  Oh and we can throw in the small detail that I will be moving on up to my thirties come April 27th.  I am not quite sure how to feel about that.

I will admit I am a complete wimp when it comes to cold weather.  As much as I loathe the hot Texas summers, I am always cold.  Cold feet.  Cold hands.  There is a chill in my bones that I can not chase away.  My dreams of living in the mountains may have just vanished in a puff of frigid air.  Maybe it is time to come to terms with the fact that I am a fair weather gal.  60's/70's, a light breeze.  That sounds welcoming right now.  Hmmm, where is that possible?

The last two years have been anything but fair weather.  I have cried, asked why, hobbled through growing pains, humbled myself in prayer and have tried to learn the lessons He is teaching me.  Life has been uncertain, a bit topsy-turvy and a smidgen scary.  I crave certainty, like my body craves oxygen and so I have grasped onto the only certain thing in my life.  F A M I L Y.  They are my life line.  My four boys have a firm hold on my heart and are the reason I try and give my all, every single day.

I will make it happen this year.  Watch out 2013.  I will hold nothing back.  I will rock the socks of each of the twelve months and blaze through this year on fire.  It is up to me.  I choose happiness.  I choose my family.  I choose me.

This week I will take pen to paper and officially declare my goals for the year.  I am still mulling them over, giving thought to what I really want to achieve, how I want to live.

And so I bid goodnight, because I know one goal I always want to achieve, new year or not — get more sleep!

No comments: