5.16.2008

flutterby.

I don't know where I heard it, maybe Charlie and Lola, but I love the world flutterby. In reality the word is really butterfly but I think there is a certain charm about flutterby.

That really wasn't the point of this post to begin with but I became sidetracked and well, you get the point. Here is the reason why I am posting. I was going to showcase how cute the baby shower turned out that I threw for my sister-in-law. I went with a butterfly and flower theme. She is having a little girl and I simply could not resist. My favorite was the butterfly lanterns. I wish I could claim the idea as my own but alas, it is Martha's brilliance that got my creative juices aflowin'. Besides the lanterns, I decked out our mantel with a montage of butterfly and flower cut-outs + had cheery little spring in a cans (courtesy of dandee designs) lined neatly up on my black shelves. It was springy and cheery and so much fun. We had chicken salad sandwiches + fruit + veggies and a scrumptious cake for dessert. The little girls that attended were sent home with a spring in a can, which they each thought was the most fantastic thing ever. I sent the lanterns home with my good friend Toni to use in her photography sessions. I wanted so badly to have a place to hang them. But I don't think Matt would appreciate butterfly adorned lanterns floating in our playroom. But besides parting with my sweet flutterbies, the shower turned out fabulous!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

That looks ADORABLE!!!!! YOu are the QUEEN of cute! Those spring in a can's look amazing:)

Now---take a picture of the painting you have done so far I want to see it now:) I can't wait to see it next week in person!!!! I know....I am a bit paint CRAZY!

Ashley said...

wow that is way cute! I"m gonna start saying flutterby now. Love the lanterns!

grammie said...

Too cute! I should have named you Martha. LOL! It looks so pretty and springy.

Amy Jo said...

Fabulous doesn't do it justice! You are one great sister and the party was magnificent! I am not sure who enjoyed it more me or my girls!!! I love you for think of me and hosting the best shower ever. Love ya!

Stephanie said...

that turned out so cute. I love it all. Did the spring in a can come grown or did you have to plan ahead?