Time is speeding by. Halloween has come and gone. Thanksgiving is right around the corner. Christmas will be hear before we know it. And then my sweet passionate destroyer [Benny] will be turning two. I look back but still have not figured out where the time went and why oh why it keeps racing forward.
I will be honest. Some days drag on forever into infinity. But the big picture. No, the big picture goes by too fast. I like to plan. To be in control. And right now I feel so not prepared for the holidays to come, the year to be over and 2009 to start.
Oh but I do so love the holidays. I tend to graze over Thanksgiving and dive right into Christmas. I can't help myself. I am in love with Christmas. I already busted out my peppermint candle. But I really do have so much to be thankful for. I love my dear sweet little family. The chaos. The craziness. Our warm cozy house. And the utter love that pours from my two boys. They give me hugs and kisses continuously. all. day. long. They forgive me so quickly when I mess up. Which believe it or not, happens quite a bit. And I have a husband who adores me. Yes, me. With all my flaws + faults he still loves me. Every last bit. This Thanksgiving I will truly give thanks for the abundance that we enjoy and remember to delight in the small things like slobbery wet kisses and getting to sing Frosty the Snowman a million times over.
We live in a world where change is constantly happening. We are not guaranteed tomorrow, so I will take today. I will live in the present and draw close to those I love. Because that my friends will last forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
amen sista:)
I totally agree! Little boys are so much fun and always seem to get into trouble. Their hugs and kisses are the best though!
I agree! You have a wonderful family, the cutest boys and a great husband! Enjoy every day, even the long, hard ones. We are so grateful that you live close to us and we can see you often. We love you and Matt and those boys, well, you know how we feel about them.
You brought tears to my eyes. Being a grateful person is such a wonderful attribute. Just add that to your other amazing qualities.
I love that last paragraph! De-lurking here. I'm not sure how I found your blog but it's sure entertaining. Thanks for the laughs.
;)
beautiful post molly. they grow up so fast! before you know it they are in middle school and getting phone calls from girls. seriously. that happened at our house today! remember when you used to babysit? those days are long gone....
Post a Comment