Our little destroyer, also known as the hulk, also known as Benny, has no limits. He will go, he will do whatever he has his mind set on.
If he wants to stuff toilet paper in huge quantities down the toilet, he will.
If he wants to climb on the step stool to play in the sink [and get completely soaked],
he will.
If he wants to climb on the kitchen bar to get to the phone, he will.
If he wants to eat a snack right after breakfast, he will.
All it takes is for me to turn my back for one itty bitty second and mr. destroyer will find a way to get into something he is not suppose to. I find myself constantly saying...
"get down"
"that's not a toy"
"that will most certainly clog the toilet"
And well, you get the picture.
I try to laugh most of the time, because he shows so much persistence and I know that quality will be fantastic [later in life]. The one act of defiance mr. D does [that drives me absolutely crazy] is run to the pantry, swing it open [yes he already conquered the door knob lock] and proceed to pull down whatever is in reach that looks tasty to him. I called dear husband yesterday and told he must stop by a hardware store on the way home and pick up some sort of contraption that will deny mr. D access to the food supply.
Dear husband did and boy does it work. It is a teeny tiny sliding lock placed near the top of the door and it is beautiful. Honestly, I had no idea such a tiny, insignificant thing could bring so much joy. But it does!
Sorry mr. D. You will now have to resume snack time on our "normal" schedule.
Problem solved, case closed!

4 comments:
You will have to share this contraption with me.... Ava has the very same problem.....nothing can keep her out of the pantry!
Isn't it lovely that there are people out there inventing useful things like that for us everyday moms?
Boy this does sound familiar. I would recommend you hide the spray 'n wash before he squirts it in his eyes in case these tendencies are "in the genes".
HAHA thats adorable. And I sure hope he doesn't put spray and wash in his eyes. OUCH!
Post a Comment