12.29.2008

happy holidays indeed.


We had a very merry Christmas with both sides of our family. Christmas Eve was spent playing + eating + unwrapping at my parents house and then we headed to my in-laws on Christmas day for more fun + a little karaoke [tyler is a microphone hog]. The boys came away with a good stash but I was pleasantly pleased that we did not go overboard. The favorite toy you ask, all the star wars stuff. We love Star Wars over here, especially the Clone Wars.

I am not one to linger with the Holidays, so the next day all the decorations came down. And I am ready for the new beginnings 2009 will bring. Thursday we will be celebrating Benny's number TWO and I can't think of a better way to ring in the new year.


**side note**
We had a nut scare over at the in-laws. I totally pulled the bad mom of the year award and forgot to make sure there were no nuts in any of the dishes. [I am still trying to adjust to the fact that Tyler is allergic to all nuts!] Well come to find out there were pecans in the sweet potatoes. Luckily the benedryl did the trick and we didn't have to make a trip to the ER.

2 comments:

Rachel Mohat said...

Adorable picture! I am glad you guys had a good time!

shahna said...

nut allergies are scary stuff! there have been a few times over the years my kids have had someone in their class at preschool or school that had nut allergies and we had to really be careful at class parties and stuff. that is a bummer. my hubby is allergic to garlic and it is REALLY hard because you almost can't eat at a restaurant anymore without garlic in it. The good side of that is he never has garlic breath. :O)