4.09.2009

circle of life.

As Tyler and I stepped out on the porch to make our daily mail run, Tyler stoops down and points something out that would have probably gone unnoticed to me.

Four darling baby birds were sadly dead, laying in the corner.  Each still looked  like they should be inside their eggs, protected from the harsh world.  Unfortunately, when we power washed our balcony and front porch, unbeknownst to us, we must have disturbed their nest.

It makes me sad. 
Yes, I know, the circle of life.
And yes, I know, they are just birds.
But they are baby birds.

We will have a little burial for them tonight.
I am too sad to pick them up and transfer them to a small bag.
And I am too scared that the mama bird will attack if I try to move her babes.
So I will make Matt do it tonight.

Tyler is asking questions and trying to figure this whole death thing out.  
Lots of questions.
Lots of simple answers.
Life goes on.

4 comments:

Rachel Mohat said...

Awwww how sad!

Lauralee Altice said...

So sad! I've seen that once before.

It reminds me of the story of the little boy that saw the dead seagull on the beach when he was there with his parents. He asked what happened and the parents said the seagull died and went to heaven. He thought about it for a minute and then asked, did God throw him back down? :)

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

MOLLY!!! Why the heck didn't you take a picture and email it to me? you could have potentially won my roadkill contest.

whatever...

Burns Family said...

Jessica...that totally was the first thing that came to my mind.

Molly how did the funeral go?