10.07.2010

drum roll...FOUR weeks!

Four weeks my friends.
Hopefully in four weeks [give or take a few days...most likely give] I will be holding sweet baby N in my arms, exhausted but oh so happy.

I am in serious to-do list overdrive.  I am going, going, going as much as I can to check off my list as much as possible.  We are painting and purchasing and organizing, oh my!  I am excited and anxious and maybe even a little nervous.  We have such a nice routine, a sweet tune we hum along to as we go about our days.  And I know that will change when Nicholas arrives.  It will be wonderful and new but change always takes a little adjusting to.  I suppose I never really had these feelings when I was pregnant with Benjamin.  Tyler was still so young, life hadn't really gotten to the "easier" part yet.  But I can't imagine life without my boys and I know I will feel the same once Nicholas joins us.


Tyler is still so much enjoying preschool.  Benny and I had the pleasure of accompanying him on his very first field trip.  We journeyed up to a lovely little pumpkin patch.  There was a crisp breeze in the air and I had a fantastic time observing him as he interacted with his classmates.  He is growing up and I can't stop it, stall it or slow it down.  Instead I can drink it all in and watch him as he discovers and blossoms into the fantastic young man I know he will become.

Benny and I are enjoying our solo time together.  I soak up his attention and he revels in mine.  It's fun to go out together, just the two of us.  I am trying my best to savor "our" moments together, as they are quickly coming to an end.

This season in life is a little bit hectic at times.  Rush here, go there and then I remind myself to slow down.  My boys will be grown one day and I won't get to tuck them in bed or kiss their boo boos.  It will be less hands on and more sitting back while it is their turn to burp and cuddle and rock their sweet little ones.  I not only love being a mother but I love being Tyler and Benjamin and Nicholas' mother.

No comments: