3.12.2012

kinder fun run.














Fundraisers typically elicit a grumble from me.  I would rather just donate my money instead of needlessly selecting cookie dough flavors or wrapping paper that I will most likely never use.  I want to support Tyler's school, but can someone please invent a better way to raise money?

Much to my excitement, Tyler's elementary school decided to host a fun run.  The children had thirty minutes to run a maximum of thirty laps.  Tyler received generous donations from his family and was smiling with excitement when we arrived this morning to cheer him on.

A big thank you to Grammie + G'ma  + Aunt Amanda + Aunt Sassie.  I encouraged Tyler to make the phone calls all by himself (with me coaching on the side) to ask for their pledge or donation.  He was a bit shy at first but it meant much more coming from his little mouth.

He ran a total of 19 laps and had a smile on his face the entire time.  Tiny feet slapped the pavement as all the kinder boys and girls made their rounds.  Lap after lap they each received a tally mark on the back of their fun run shirt to total the amount they ran.  Their smiles were contagious and we all left the school in high spirits.  Well, except for Benny, but a doughnut helped with that ;)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Good pictures!!! fun, fun days huh?! running on cement seems dangerous though....ours was on grass. Did anyone trip and fall?