11.13.2012

every single day I choose.


I've come to the almost certain conclusion that schooling these boys of mine uses up every ounce of energy, patience and good will I can muster.  This busyness of three energetic boys, creating a constant string of shenanigans all day long is both entertaining and crazy inducing.  But I love it.  It really is that simple.  I make a choice each and every day.

I choose to sacrifice some things to gain something else, something else of far greater worth than even I can understand at this moment.  I can feel it taking place but I don't always see it behind the bickering and tiredness.  The thought of more free time is tantalizing and seductive but ultimately unattainable.  But you see, the choice is mine.

Today a dear friend watched my three boys.  She sacrificed her "kid free" time to take on my three, while a dined with another sweet friend over pancakes and bacon.  It was two glorious hours of freedom.  Freedom from grabby hands, car seat snaps and sippy cups and it was rejuvenating.  Like a big deep breath in the crisp fall air is rejuvenating.  Only better!  It is those small tender mercies that bolster me up.  For I came home to two giggly, wiggly boys who wanted no part in why caribou lose their antlers.  But somehow we eked out enough school to feel legit.

And now I am counting down the days until we will board a plane for California.  We will be Disney bound in just ONE week and the excitement is bubbling up and boiling over!

No comments: