12.11.2012

some days.



There are days where I am head over heels in love with home school.  My boys interact so sweetly, the lessons flow and Nicholas takes a three hour nap.  Then there are days when two of the three boys wake before 6, I don't get a shower, bickering occurs from the moment we all schlep downstairs and no one wants to do school.  It's a toss of the coin really.  Each day unfolds, completely different than the day before.  All I can do is pray for patience and love to flow from me, which I seem to be in short supply of on some days.  Patience.  Not love.

We started a new history and science curriculum this month.  I alternate days, never wanting to pile on too much school.  I want them excited to learn and thirsty for knowledge.  I won't lie, I'm not always thrilled to teach.  Every day.  Another craft project.  Another clean up.  Sometimes, I just want to kick my heels up and be footloose and fancy free.  But I push through the rough days, knowing that, for at least right now, this is right for us.

2012 has flown by so amazingly fast that I barley had time to catch my breath.  Nicholas is two and is in full blown toddler mode.  Talking up a storm, having a mind of his own and practicing his temper tantrums.  He is a yummy, loveable, tiny little toddler and he squeezes my heart each and every day.  That boy has done my soul good by joining my all boy family.

Benny is burning off some energy at gymnastics once a week, which he seems to enjoy.  He loves to tumble across the living room.  Jump on this.  Flip off that.  He is constantly moving and taking me along for the ride.

Tyler will pick back up with break dancing after the new year.  He went to a free trial class and liked it immediately.  He keeps asking when he can go back.  Tyler's got good rhythm, which I like to think he gets from his mama.

Nicholas loves to be outside.  He loves to be at one with nature and zoom down the sidewalk on his scooter.  He is a ball of energy and loves to give hugs and kisses.  Just between us, I'm his favorite.  But can you blame him?

No comments: